(1) Xeon 2.80GHz (I may be putting a second CPU in if I can not get this resolved)

1024MB of RAM  (memory used does not seem to be a problem at all)

 

Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3

 

postfix-2.1.5 + anomy + SpamAssassin-3.0.2 + clamav-0.80

 

for the last couple weeks my output from top looks like this:

 

 

Tasks: 209 total,  26 running, 183 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie

Cpu(s): 93.4% us,  6.6% sy,  0.0% ni,  0.0% id,  0.0% wa,  0.0% hi,  0.0% si

Mem:   1035980k total,  1010968k used,    25012k free,     4464k buffers

Swap:  1048552k total,   100968k used,   947584k free,   138700k cached

 

  PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND

 6245 filter    25   0 11084 7616 1756 R  6.6  0.7   0:17.59 sanitizer.pl

 7318 filter    25   0 10144 7568 1756 R  6.6  0.7   0:04.30 sanitizer.pl

 8190 filter    25   0 57248  52m 2412 R  6.3  5.2   0:01.39 spamassassin

 8153 filter    20   0 29468  25m 2508 S  6.0  2.5   0:01.69 spamassassin

 8205 filter    25   0 26928  23m 2412 R  6.0  2.3   0:01.29 spamassassin

 7938 filter    25   0  8252 6584 1756 R  5.3  0.6   0:01.37 sanitizer.pl

 6610 filter    25   0  9948 7520 1756 R  3.3  0.7   0:11.70 sanitizer.pl

 7932 filter    25   0  9716 6848 1756 R  3.3  0.7   0:01.52 sanitizer.pl

 8062 filter    23   0  8436 5240 1756 R  3.3  0.5   0:00.37 sanitizer.pl

 8094 filter    25   0 82700  76m 2412 R  3.3  7.6   0:02.30 spamassassin

 

 

These are just the top 10 from the top command, there can be as many as 25 entries from sanitizer.pl and spamassassin all looking like these

 

If I stop Postfix this plains right out to 100% or so idle,

so I do not think the CPU is being eaten by any other service on this machine,

but I do have apache and a voice com server running on this machine too

 

this first thing I tried was to get spamd running and editing filter.sh to call /usr/bin/spamc

 

I did not see a big difference, but I was a little impatient when test mails still where not being delivered with in the first 10-15 mins

 

I think it’s the PERL that is killing me

 

Any other suggestions, comments,

 

I can supply any or all of my conf, but I need help getting this to run leaner and meaner

 

It is taking some mail over an hour to be delivered

 

Thanks

 

Kyle