anomy-list

Re: Unexpected defanging of jpg images.

From: Paolo (146607@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 25 Apr 2007 - 01:37:07 GMT

    On Wed, Apr 25, 2007 at 09:11:34AM +0800, Jeremy A wrote:

    > Perhaps it is the encoding or character set?

    sanitizer should do proper decoding the apply RE match

    > Here are some headers from an email that was affected (I have obscured
    > user details only)

    fail to see anything relevant.

    > identical copies of a jpg image. The first was defanged, the second was
    > unaffected. I'm not sure how many copies were sent but it seems possible
    > that there is a problem in the attachment handling code - or my perl
    > library?)

    there is only 1 proper way, debug 1 piece at a time.
    Take the original msg that got defanged through your filter, by hand feed it
    to sanitizer :

    % sanitizer anomy.cfg < msg 2>&1|less

    after having (cd in proper path) and set feat_log_stderr = 1 and
    feat_log_trace = 1 in anomy.cfg. If it comes out defanged, check the trace
    and see why the RE don't match. Else the culprit is upstream.

    HTH

    --
    paolo

    hosted by molar.is