anomy-list

Daemonized sanitizer?

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (139788@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 09 Feb 2005 - 10:47:40 GMT

    On 2005-02-08, 19:57:11 (-0500), Derrick Webber wrote:
    > What's really needed to reduce sanitizer's overhead is a daemonized
    > version (how about it, Bjarni? ;-). Once perl gets running it's very

    Creating a daemon version would involve re-implementing sanitizer.pl,
    which shouldn't be very hard since all the heavy lifting is done in
    modules.

    Most of the work would be writing the client/server stuff and defining
    a protocol. But perhaps it would be possible to just borrow the
    spamd/spamc code from SpamAssassin? I believe the licenses are
    compatible, so that's where I'd start looking.

    This should be a relatively simple project, but I'm afraid I'm
    probably not going to have time to give it a look in the near future.

    But hey, this is free software! Any volunteers? :-)

    If anyone sends me code, I'll be happy to add it to the official
    tarball and make a new release.

    --
    Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
     139788@xyz.molar.is