anomy-list

Re: Re: 100 % CPU utilization Postfix+Anomy+SpamAssassin+ClamAV

From: Derrick Webber (139070@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 08 Feb 2005 - 17:37:34 GMT

    kyle victor wrote:

    > First yes your right, i did not notice it before but physical RAM is being devoured too
    >
    > I am running clamd and clamdscan I had already read that this was best practice.
    >
    > As far as your suggestion of lowering the maxproc setting in master.cf of postfix.
    >
    > The filter line in master.cf looked like this:
    >
    > filter unix - n n - - pipe
    >
    > maxproc for this would be 100 by default right?
    >
    > So I edit this line to:
    >
    > filter unix - n n - 25 pipe
    >
    > right? Less? More?

    Yes, 25 is okay. But 10 would not be too low to start with.

    > My last question is about the executable output from perlcc sanitizer.pl
    >
    > I cd over to the /usr/local/anomy/bin dir then ran perlcc sanitizer.pl
    > the result was a file in this working directory called a.out that is executable
    >
    > What do I do with it? rename it like :
    >
    > copy the original sanitizer.pl to sanitizer.pl.bak, then
    > mv a.out to sanitizer.pl
    >
    > I guess this question is worded better like this,
    >
    > Now that I ran perlcc against sanitizer.pl I need to have filter.sh call this > output file instead of the original sanitizer.pl right? Either by
    renaming this
    > output file or by editing filter.sh to call a.out, right?

    Exactly. Don't overwrite the original sanitizer.pl... you may need it.
    Rename the a.out file to something like "sanitizer" or
    "sanitizer.a.out" then have filter.sh call that file instead of
    "sanitizer.pl". Oh, and verify the file permissions allow it to be
    executed by your "filter" user.

    Note that perlcc is still experimental... you might want to run a few
    e-mails through the binary by hand (or use the test script provided
    with anomy) to verify it actually runs correctly.

    --
      Derrick Webber
      Advosys Consulting Inc. Ottawa