anomy-list

RE: 100 % CPU utilization Postfix+Anomy+SpamAssassin+ClamAV

From: Peter Mueller (138538@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 04 Feb 2005 - 19:08:24 GMT

    Kyle,

    > Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3
    > postfix-2.1.5 + anomy + SpamAssassin-3.0.2 + clamav-0.80
    > Tasks: 209 total, 26 running, 183 sleeping, 0 stopped,
    > 0 zombie
    > Cpu(s): 93.4% us, 6.6% sy, 0.0% ni, 0.0% id, 0.0%
    > wa, 0.0% hi,
    > 0.0% si

    > I can supply any or all of my conf, but I need help
    > getting this to
    > run leaner and meaner
    > It is taking some mail over an hour to be delivered

    I have the same software configuration, albeit 2.4 kernel and other various
    minor software version differences. I had the exact same problem happen on
    one of my servers. I cannot remember what exactly I changed to fix the
    problem, but it involved filter.sh, spamd, and the spamc options. It seemed
    to be a timing issue as it would crop up irregularly.

    If you could post your configuration I can see if it matches mine. As
    another list member indicated, the ANOMY_LOG and SPAMD logs might also be
    useful. (E.g. how long is SPAMD taking per email?).

    Regards,