anomy-list

100 % CPU utilization Postfix+Anomy+SpamAssassin+ClamAV

From: Kyle Victor (138446@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 04 Feb 2005 - 14:07:24 GMT

  • Next message: Peter Mueller: "RE: 100 % CPU utilization Postfix+Anomy+SpamAssassin+ClamAV"

        (1) Xeon 2.80GHz (I may be putting a second CPU in if I can not get
       this resolved)

       1024MB of RAM (memory used does not seem to be a problem at all)

       Fedora Core 3 kernel 2.6.9-1.724_FC3

       postfix-2.1.5 + anomy + SpamAssassin-3.0.2 + clamav-0.80

       for the last couple weeks my output from top looks like this:

       Tasks: 209 total, 26 running, 183 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

       Cpu(s): 93.4% us, 6.6% sy, 0.0% ni, 0.0% id, 0.0% wa, 0.0% hi,
       0.0% si

       Mem: 1035980k total, 1010968k used, 25012k free, 4464k
       buffers

       Swap: 1048552k total, 100968k used, 947584k free, 138700k
       cached

         PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

        6245 filter 25 0 11084 7616 1756 R 6.6 0.7 0:17.59
       sanitizer.pl

        7318 filter 25 0 10144 7568 1756 R 6.6 0.7 0:04.30
       sanitizer.pl

        8190 filter 25 0 57248 52m 2412 R 6.3 5.2 0:01.39
       spamassassin

        8153 filter 20 0 29468 25m 2508 S 6.0 2.5 0:01.69
       spamassassin

        8205 filter 25 0 26928 23m 2412 R 6.0 2.3 0:01.29
       spamassassin

        7938 filter 25 0 8252 6584 1756 R 5.3 0.6 0:01.37
       sanitizer.pl

        6610 filter 25 0 9948 7520 1756 R 3.3 0.7 0:11.70
       sanitizer.pl

        7932 filter 25 0 9716 6848 1756 R 3.3 0.7 0:01.52
       sanitizer.pl

        8062 filter 23 0 8436 5240 1756 R 3.3 0.5 0:00.37
       sanitizer.pl

        8094 filter 25 0 82700 76m 2412 R 3.3 7.6 0:02.30
       spamassassin

       These are just the top 10 from the top command, there can be as many
       as 25 entries from sanitizer.pl and spamassassin all looking like
       these

       If I stop Postfix this plains right out to 100% or so idle,

       so I do not think the CPU is being eaten by any other service on this
       machine,

       but I do have apache and a voice com server running on this machine
       too

       this first thing I tried was to get spamd running and editing
       filter.sh to call /usr/bin/spamc

       I did not see a big difference, but I was a little impatient when test
       mails still where not being delivered with in the first 10-15 mins

       I think it's the PERL that is killing me

       Any other suggestions, comments,

       I can supply any or all of my conf, but I need help getting this to
       run leaner and meaner

       It is taking some mail over an hour to be delivered

       Thanks

       Kyle

    Attachments:
     + http://mailtools.anomy.net/archives/anomy-list//24/20/382c5/00.unnamed.html



    hosted by molar.is