anomy-list

Re: Feature request: boilerplate text

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (133342@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 02 Sep 2004 - 17:27:14 GMT

    On 2004-09-02, 18:21:51 (+0200), David Santinoli wrote:

    > Hi,
    > how difficult would it be to give Anomy the ability to append some
    > boilerplate text to the processed mail?

    This is more complicated than it sounds. Do you mean append to the first
    HTML part of multipart mail? Or the first text part? Or both?

    Either could be done relatively simply by creating specialized "scanners"
    for .txt or .html attachments, which "disinfect" those parts by editing
    their contents. I'm not sure exactly how to limit it to one "edit" per
    message though...

    If you want the contents of the message appended to depend on the results
    of scannign, then you'd have to run the sanitizer twice, first to scan and
    then to append messages (same goes for any subject-line modifications or
    other things which people have requested, since the sanitizer processes
    messages as a stream it can't backtrack and modify the beginning of the
    message based on what it finds further down).

    --
    Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
     133342@xyz.molar.is

    PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89