anomy-list

Virus Scan Thoughts

From: Samuel (126520@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 22 May 2004 - 00:53:58 GMT

    I know an idea was brought up about doing a header info, and it was
    shown that you can not do that in a stream, however, it would be nice if
    data returned from the virus scanning script could be embedded in a
    message (add a few more variables that are parsed).

    My thought is things like the anomy-filescan-result data. This way the
    virus found could be inserted, and if someone wished, a unique code
    could be done to allow easier parsing, without messing up a normal drop
    message.

    Another thought is to add a VIRUS message type, functions as a drop but
    with virus specific as attachments can be dropped for other reasons
    (just not valid types, not always a virus).

    Samuel

    hosted by molar.is