anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl revision 1.67

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (119486@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 23 Mar 2004 - 12:42:02 GMT

    Hi all,

    I just uploaded to the Anomy web site a new revision of the Sanitizer.

    I recommend every one upgrade, as this release will catch some virus
    infected messages which slipped through the parser before, as well as
    decreasing the false-positives to do with Content-IDs ending in ".com".

    Get it from http://mailtools.anomy.net/dist/ as usual.

    From the CHANGELOG:

        Added code to decrease the odds that attachments with content-IDs
            ending in ".com" get mistakenly treated as executables.

        Tweaked MIME parsing to catch a few more odd virus-generated
            messages.

        Obfuscated some of the testcase results using simple rot13
            encoding, so the Anomy .tar.gz file wouldn't be flagged as
            "infected" by various virus scanners.

    --
    Bjarni Rúnar Einarsson
     119486@xyz.molar.is