anomy-list

SET-ID, C Wrappers , -u and undumps...

From: Philip Clowes (118263@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sun 14 Mar 2004 - 02:02:22 GMT

    Hi

    Have been setting up Sanitizer tonight and I'm a bit stuck!

    I set it up as it says in the instructions and ran the tests. All came
    out OK - and the Fprot one said it was skipped. It's in procmail file
    fine - and it's working to the point of been called.

    I've had one or two errors which I've managed to overcome - but I'm
    stuck with this one:

    Log file extract:

    procmail: Executing "/etc/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl"
    YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
    FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP!
    procmail: Error while writing to "/etc/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl"

    The full log for a mail transaction:

    procmail: Assigning "ANOMY=/etc/anomy"
    procmail: Executing "/etc/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl"
    YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
    FIX YOUR KERNEL, PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT, OR USE -u AND UNDUMP!
    procmail: Error while writing to "/etc/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl"
    procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
    procmail: Assigning
    "PATH=/home/philip/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin/X11"
    procmail: Locking "/var/spool/mail/philip.lock"
    procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=/var/spool/mail/philip"
    procmail: Opening "/var/spool/mail/philip"
    procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
    procmail: Unlocking "/var/spool/mail/philip.lock"
    procmail: Notified comsat: "philip@556:/var/spool/mail/philip"
    >From 118263@xyz.molar.is Sun Mar 14 02:14:34 2004
      Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Fwd: [Fwd: testing 92929292929]]7777777777777]]
       Folder: /var/spool/mail/philip 1316896

    Linux been relatevely new to me, I'm lost on this one!

    So any hints/help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks,

    Philip :-)

    hosted by molar.is