anomy-list

Re: Add-on available to check inside ZIP attachments

From: Rick Johnson (117743@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 12 Mar 2004 - 06:42:34 GMT

    Derrick Webber wrote:

    > We've posted "zip_policy.pl" to our web site. It's a small extension for
    > Anomy Sanitizer that examines ZIP attachments for banned file
    > extensions, encrypted content and other potential nastiness.

    Thanks! In the past, we were using uvscan (can't open password protected
    ZIPs) which meant that we were prone to receiving the encrypted ZIP
    files sent by bagel.x - and had to enable a ClamAV milter solution
    (ClamAV can detect these). While I won't be ditching that solution or
    Sanitizer, I can add this script to ensure that the ZIP files that may
    pass through ClamAV are properly dealt with.

    -Rick

    --
    Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 - 117743@xyz.molar.is
    Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc. (from home)