anomy-list

Anomy allowing some files through?

From: Jackson, Jeff (116222@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 05 Mar 2004 - 19:10:08 GMT

    Hi, I'm running anomy on box that acts as a forwarder to an exchange server.

    I'm having a problem... Anomy isn't catching all the attachments coming in. I only know this because the messages being missed are all part of the latest round of virus laden emails. So, NAV is detecting them on my Exchange server, and that's good, they aren't making it in, but I don't understand why they aren't being saved by anomy.

    NAV report:

    One or more attachments were quarantined.
      Attachment embedmsg.msg was Quarantined for the following reasons:
        Virus W32.Netsky.D@mm was found.
        Virus W32.Netsky.D@mm was found in your_website.pif.

    But, I've got a rule in place that should catch and save them...

    file_list_3 = (?i)(embedmsg.msg|www.paypal.com.pif|document.zip|doc.zip
    file_list_3 += |body.zip|readme.zip|message.zip|file.zip|myphoto.zip)
    file_list_3_policy = save
    file_list_3_scanner = 0

    Why or how are attachements with the above names getting through?

    TIA,

    Jeff

    hosted by molar.is