Re: Problem - Lotus Notes attachments & Anomy

From: Rick Johnson (
Date: Fri 05 Mar 2004 - 18:17:47 GMT

    > Greetings all - I've just joined the list as I need some help with this
    > problem.
    > I have 2 companies that Anomy is seeing the following - and then dropping
    > the attachment -
    > NOTE: An attachment named
    > was deleted from this message because it contained a windows executableor
    > other potentially dangerous file type.Contact the system administrator for
    > more
    > information.--0__=0ABBE4DDDFC6D8BB8f9e8a93df938690918c0ABBE4DDDFC6D8BB--
    > The document in this message was a zipped up .doc file.
    > I'm hoping someone else has seen this in their travels, and can give me
    > some guidance.

    This looks similar to the Content-ID issue we've been experiencing with
    certain Mozilla mail users. Anomy is preferencing the Content-ID of the
    message over the stated filename.

    The author has stated he's aware of the problem, however I have yet to
    see a real fix except for some pretty clever sanitizer.cfg hacks.

    I've tried the following, with some success:

    file_list_2_scanner = 0:19:12,13:/usr/local/bin/
    file_list_2_policy = accept:save:drop:drop
    file_list_2 = (?i)(.*\@.*\.com)$

    Rick Johnson, RHCE #807302311706007 -
    Linux/Network Administrator - Medata, Inc.
    PGP Public Key:

    hosted by