anomy-list

overwriting files

From: 104622@xyz.molar.is
Date: Sat 29 Nov 2003 - 13:04:36 GMT

More of a feature request than a bug, so I thought I'd post it here.
I need anomy to be able to overwrite previous attachment files it has stripped
with new ones. Trying to do this results in the error message from procmail:

Executing "/usr/local/bin/sanitizer.pl,/etc/sanitizer/nero/drop1.cfg"
Can't use an undefined value as a symbol reference at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/Anomy/Sanitizer.pm line 1073.
procmail: Error while writing to "/usr/local/bin/sanitizer.pl"

I'm not a Perl programmer, but I was able to change the above behavior by
going to line 1071 in the Sanitizer.pm file and changing it from:

(!defined ($fh = IO::File->new($$fn, O_CREAT|O_EXCL|O_RDWR))));

to:
(!defined ($fh = IO::File->new($$fn, O_CREAT|O_RDWR))));

I can see why the default behavior is not to overwrite existing files, but
maybe there could be a "feat" flag to allow this to happen? Maybe there's
already a way to do this, but I couldn't find anything in the docs and like I
said Perl's not my strong point :)

Cheers,
Cian

hosted by molar.is