anomy-list

Re: Installation WAS Re: Commercial Support

From: Carlos Eduardo Vianna - SouthTech (104246@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 24 Nov 2003 - 02:19:07 GMT

    Dear Litman,

    Thanks for your reply.

    Yes, indeed, it works great. :]

    I was missing to uncomment this two lines that makes sendmail to accept the
    .clean addresses.

    I'll tell you that what happened to me was a 'do it quickly' problem.

    On the install instructions, you find:

    Add the following rules to sendmail.cf, either in ruleset 98 (local hacks,
    on RedHat systems) or right before the virtual user stuff in ruleset 0:

      # Sanitize with procmail:
      #R$* < @test.com. > $* $#procmail $@/etc/sanitizer.rc
    $:$1<@test.com.CLEAN.>$2
      # Sanitize without procmail:
      #R$* < @test.com. > $* $#sanitize $@anomy $:$1<@test.com.CLEAN.>$2
      R$* < @ $+ .CLEAN. > $* $1<@$2.>$3
      R$* < @ $+ .CLEAN > $* $1<@$2.>$3

    And What I did? Whell, im gonna use with PROCMAIL, so I uncommented the
    procmail line, and commented everything else out, as if the two las lines
    were part of the 'without procmail' code.

    Now its fixed, and works really great.

    The only thing missing to my undestanding now is: wich rule is processes
    first? AND: if a file is refused by default in one rule, is it possible to
    accept it in the next one? I explain my situation.

    Im saniting a box that is used by folks that have very slow connection to
    the internet. The support staff says that no one shoud get mpegs, jpgs,
    gifs, unless its really necessary. TO allow authorized people to send
    messages, the rule is simple:

    filename.jpg : REFUSED
    filename.ok.jpg: ACCEPT

    So, all files containing name.OK.ext will be accepted. My rules follows. I
    refuse all the junk, but never accept the good mail!

    file_list_1_scanner = 0
    file_list_1_policy = save
    file_list_1 =
    (?i)\.(pps|jpeg|jpg|bmp|gif|wal|cda|avi|wmf|mpg|mpeg|asf|wmv|wma|wav|mp3|exe
    |scr|pif|bat|com)$

    # Coisa que gostariamos de receber...
    #
    file_list_2_scanner = 0
    file_list_2_policy = accept
    file_list_2 = (?i)\.(ok)\.*$

    I have a problem in my rules, or should I change order of things?? Accept
    first, then reject?

    Thanks!! I very much appreciate your help.
    Carlos Eduardo Vianna