anomy-list

Re: Ack...upgrade to SpamAssassin 2.60 kills the whole deal =(

From: 103657@xyz.molar.is
Date: Sun 23 Nov 2003 - 09:15:53 GMT

       Well, this is a mailing list for users of the Anomy Mail Sanitizer,
       and not SpamAssassin, but since lots of Anomy users also use
       SpamAssassin, I guess its relevant enough to reply back to the list. .
       .

       Anyway, the problem lies in your path. Try displaying your path with:
       "echo $PATH"

       to see if there are any empty entries, relative entries, or a ".", in
       your path.

       Any of those entries are insecure, and will cause the build to fail.

       The first system I tried to build this on worked, and the second one
       failed, which is where I saw the problem.

       I don't think that your path needs to be permanently changed, but you
       will need to export a new path, for the make to work.

       BTW, while SpamAssassin 2.60 has been out for quite some time, it was
       only recently updated (from 2.55) on CPAN, so you can now get it from
       there, instead of doing everything the hard way.

       run: "perl -MCPAN -eshell"

       and from the CPAN shell, run: "install Mail::SpamAssassin"

       Its much easier than downloading etc., once you have CPAN set up.