Re: Re: Re: swen virus

From: Systems Administrator (
Date: Mon 06 Oct 2003 - 01:18:42 GMT

    On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Brent Kennedy wrote:

    > Well, what about the quarantine option, force filtering for every
    > users(spam and attachment), but have a quarantine setup for each
    > individual user that deletes at every so often (either set by user or
    > global). That way, they get what they want, but are not exposed, unless
    > they choose to be, to the quarantine. You could set that up thru
    > webmail only. That way you can avoid all the bad attachments and
    > worries about clients accidentally setting stuff off. But they will
    > still be able to get the email they are missing.

            Yeah, I guess that's what I'm looking at long term. I just hadn't
    thought of it as a quarantine. Excuse my stupidity. Only thing that
    doesn't work for is outgoing :).

            Incidentally, I got the following last time I replied to you:

                               UNDELIVERABLE MAIL

    Your message to the following recipients cannot be delivered:

    <<< No such domain.

            However, the mailing list seems to be getting through to you OK.
    Just thought since I was sending to the list anyway, I'd mention this.

    Tim Nelson
    Systems Administrator
    Sunet Internet
    Tel: +61 3 5241 1155