anomy-list

Re: swen virus

From: Chris (94701@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 30 Sep 2003 - 20:14:16 GMT

    On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 03:24, Systems Administrator wrote:

    > Incidentally there are some Open Source Virus Scanners out there,
    > or Anomy can be used with commercial ones. There's an example file
    > somewhere (comes with Anomy, I think) which has examples of how to include

    There is a script called "check_for_virus" included in contrib.

    > most common virus scanners; that would probably be a good spot to start
    > looking for them. The only FOSS one which springs to mind is ClamAV, but
    > I know there is also at least one other.

    I actually added support for ClamAV to check_for_virus and am using it.
    I do have a patch that I've been meaning to send out. Anyway I just put
    it on my website: http://www.sirkull.org/patches/anomy-clamav.patch

    As for Open Source virus scanners, I'm aware of three: ClamAV,
    File::Scan, and OpenAntiVirus (the pattern file hasn't been updated it
    in a year, though).

    http://clamav.elektrapro.com/
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/filescan/
    http://www.openantivirus.org/