anomy-list

Using two versions of Anomy in parallel

From: Ret (92376@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 09 Sep 2003 - 13:56:00 GMT

    Hello,

    I've installed Anomy sanitizer 1.49 a year ago. I've read the changelog for
    the new 1.63 version and I think it might be time to upgrade it.

    I wonder if there is a chance I can install version 1.63 while keeping 1.49
    up and running too. I want to try 1.63 for some users and check if this new
    version works fine on my system. There is no way I can stop my email server
    for testing purposes. So after some testing I could finnally switch all my
    users to the new 1.63 and uninstall 1.49.

    I use procmail to invoke anomy, and so I have a system variable called ANOMY
    pointing the path to my anomy installation. If I use two sanitizers at the
    same time while in different directories, how am I suppose to correctly
    invoke each version? Are there other dependencies (sys variables, paths,
    etc) that have to be taken into account??

    Any help would be appreciated!

    Ret

    hosted by molar.is