anomy-list

Using sendmail.mc

From: InfoPod (90510@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 09 Aug 2003 - 17:02:21 GMT

    Hi,
        I'm new to this (even new to Linux) but I have so far got the sanitizer
    set up and running fine under test via shell. I'm just getting a bit stuck
    setting it up using sendmail (I only want to use it directly with sendmail)

    I'm trying to use the included (in the contrib dir) anomy.m4 file with a
    sendmail.mc file (isn't this the preferred method rather than editing the
    .cf directly?), and have uncommented the following 2 lines as my
    preferences:

    F{anomy}/etc/mail/anomy-domains

    R$* < @ $={anomy} . > $* $#sanitize $@anomy $:$1<@$2.ANOMY.>$3

    Currently if I try to send mail to domains listed I get the following error
    (outlook express)

    The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
    the server. Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.3.5 buildaddr: unknown
    mailer sanitize', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error
    Number: 0x800CCC79

    The 'unknown mailer sanitize' implies to me that it cannot find the
    'sanitize' shell script I have in /etc/sanitizer/ and as per instructions on
    the anomy site looks like this:

    #!/bin/sh
    #
    export ANOMY=/usr/bin/sanitizer
    export CFG=/etc/sanitizer/sanitizer.conf
    exec $ANOMY/bin/sanitizer.pl $CFG | /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${@+"$@"}

    That makes sense (I can't see anywhere I have specified where to find it
    anyway!!), so do I need to edit the anomy.m4 macro? or should I just put the
    sanitize shell script in a global search path? or is it something else? If I
    edited the .cf file I would need to put the 'Msanitize' mailer definition in
    however that does not appear to be present in the anomy.m4 file.

    One other quick question: is the anomy-domains file just supposed to be a
    list of domains, one on each line? I've been though the entire email archive
    (a search function would be handy here!!) and I can't find anything on
    either of my questions.

    -thanks for any help anyone can give me.

    hosted by molar.is