anomy-list

Logging and optimize

From: James Nonya (88546@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 16 Jul 2003 - 16:49:47 GMT

    Hey all!

    Real quick...wanted a way to log my minimum spam....ie
    spam that hits at least 5 is spam, if it hits 7 it
    gets sidelined. I added a:

    if $EGREP -q -m 1 "^X-Spam-Level: \*{5}" < out.$$
    then
            logger /var/log/messages Spam Email Recieved
    fi
    Right before the initial spam check and it seems to
    work fine. Now all I have to do is grep my messages
    file monthly for "Spam Email Recieved" and I'll have a
    total count that SA found including ones that were
    still send.

    Lastly, adding that -m 1 optimized in all my $EGREP
    lines helped to speed things up a bit...since
    X-Spam-Level would only appear once at the start of an
    out.$$ file, there was no need to keep checking the
    rest of the message. Thoughts on this?

    James