anomy-list

Re: Sanitizer.cfg question

From: Derrick Webber (87718@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 30 Jun 2003 - 15:11:29 GMT

    Henry Mason wrote:

    > James;
    >
    > I have a setup where I use Postfix's content filtering to
    > route through Spamassassin and Anomy as per Advosys's how-to:
    >
    > http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html
    >
    > However, we have the same problem you have - different clients
    > have different filtering needs. So I created multiple filter
    > users, and assigned multiple IP addresses to the filter server.
    > Thus I have different 'filter personalities' that I can use for
    > different clients, simply by routing the mail to a different IP.
    > Postfix delivers the mail through a different filter user for
    > each IP, and each has it's own configuration.

    Another way would be to modify the filter.sh script to extract the
    recipient e-mail address or domain, and apply different anomy config
    files based on that. Postfix provides the recipient in the $4 parameter
    passed to the filter script.

    We've uploaded a filter.sh to our web site that allows domain-specific
    Anomy config files. It's not extensively tested, but hopefully will be
    useful as an example. See http://advosys.ca/papers/filter-misc/per-domain.sh

    --
      Derrick Webber  87718@xyz.molar.is
      Advosys Consulting Inc. Ottawa