anomy-list

Announcing sanitizer.pl, revision 1.62

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (85468@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 19 Jun 2003 - 19:51:57 GMT

    Hi all,

    There's a new sanitizer.pl on the web, get it from
    http://mailtools.anomy.net/.

    This release is mostly a bug-fix release, I'm trying to get as many
    of the recently reported issues under better control.

    Highlights:

      - The testall.sh script now detects the Unicode problem and
        gives instructions (tells people to read the new UNICODE.TXT
        file).

      - The testcases work on FreeBSD 4.6.2 now, reports from other
        *BDS platforms are welcome.

      - The HTML cleaner has been tweaked so it doesn't get stuck in
        endless loops on Perl 5.00503. I hope!

      - The HTML cleaner now knows how to insert "beautification" tags
        when certain other tags are defanged. The default sanitizer
        config tells it to insert <P> whenever it defangs a <DIV>.

      - Content-Description and Content-ID headers are now recognized
        and the sanitizer tries to do something reasonably smart with
        them.

      - The MIME parser tolerates even more broken MIME.

    Enjoy, please let me know how it works! :-)

     85468@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send lots of mail to: 85551@xyz.molar.is

    Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Juggler

    hosted by molar.is