There's a new sanitizer.pl on the web, get it from
This release is mostly a bug-fix release, I'm trying to get as many
of the recently reported issues under better control.
- The testall.sh script now detects the Unicode problem and
gives instructions (tells people to read the new UNICODE.TXT
- The testcases work on FreeBSD 4.6.2 now, reports from other
*BDS platforms are welcome.
- The HTML cleaner has been tweaked so it doesn't get stuck in
endless loops on Perl 5.00503. I hope!
- The HTML cleaner now knows how to insert "beautification" tags
when certain other tags are defanged. The default sanitizer
config tells it to insert <P> whenever it defangs a <DIV>.
- Content-Description and Content-ID headers are now recognized
and the sanitizer tries to do something reasonably smart with
- The MIME parser tolerates even more broken MIME.
Enjoy, please let me know how it works! :-)
-- Bjarni R. Einarsson PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89 email@example.com -><- http://bre.klaki.net/
Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send lots of mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Juggler