anomy-list

How-I-Did-It: Anomy Sanitizer & SpamAssassin from Maildrop, with Postfix, Courier IMAP & Red Hat 9.0

From: Robin Whittle (82984@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 09 Jun 2003 - 16:05:35 GMT

    Various pages at:

      http://www.firstpr.com.au/web-mail/

    document how I:

      Integrated Postfix, Courier Maildrop and Courier IMAP - on a
      Red Hat 9.0 system. (Courier IMAP works with Maildir mailboxes -
      far faster and more robust than Mbox linear files as used by the
      UW IMAP server.)

      Used Courier Maildrop for extensive mail filtering, including
      calling SpamAssassin and Anomy Sanitizer. With the tweaks I just
      did, with Bayes and RBL checks, SpamAssassin 1.55 would have caught
      all but 1 of 263 spams this week. This is brilliant!

      Patched Maildrop so it can deliver messages "tagged for
      deletion", which enables mailing list messages, viruses,
      spam, daily Tripwire reports etc. to be sent to the Inbox,
      after being copied to their own mailbox, tagged for deletion.
      Then, all the list activity can be seen from the Inbox, without
      cluttering the Inbox, since the IMAP expunge gets rid of them.

    There is some stuff on configuring Netscape 7 / Mozilla Messenger,
    with a special focus on IMAP - but it is messy and not finished.

    This page also lists, and points to other lists of, Web-mail programs.

    The script I wrote for converting Mbox mailboxes to Maildirs is
    mentioned, but is now being improved and maintained by Juri Haberland at:

      http://batleth.sapienti-sat.org/projects/mb2md/

    Thanks Bjarni for Anomy Sanitizer! It has always worked perfectly - and
     on the two occasions when virus messages with bad MIME headers got past
    it, you created a fix for it very quickly.

       - Robin

    hosted by molar.is