anomy-list

Re: Defanging <STYLE>

From: David Santinoli (75999@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 06 May 2003 - 23:45:58 GMT

    On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 06:32:54PM +0100, 76083@xyz.molar.is wrote:

    > This has come up before.
    > One suggestion is that <style> should get turned into <P>
    > However this is apparently not easy to implement. See in the archives.

    Well, actually I had checked the archives before posting, and found
    that a _similar_ issue was discussed in the past - that one involving
    the <DIV> tag, and the way <DIV>...</DIV> are used by Microsoft tools to
    delimit paragraphs in place of <P> or <BR>. You are probably referring
    to this thread:
      <http://www.molar.is/en/lists/anomy-list/2003-01/0015.shtml>

    I found a thread about <STYLE> too, but the issue involved was not the
    one I reported as a bug:
      <http://www.molar.is/en/lists/anomy-list/2002-01/0000.shtml>

    There seems to be no previous mention whatsoever of my specific case in
    the archives, which puzzles me: am I really the first one to notice
    this gross misbehaviour (maybe due to its neglectable impact on rendered
    content in most cases) or am I missing something?

    Cheers,
     David

    --
     David Santinoli, Milano             +   <76119@xyz.molar.is>