anomy-list

Defang HTML without changing Content-Type?

From: D. J. Hagberg (75427@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Wed 30 Apr 2003 - 20:54:42 GMT

Greetings all,

My current Anomy configuration is doing *almost* everything I need, except
that in the process of defanging HTML tags, it changes the Content-Type of
the HTML part of the message to Application/DEFANGED-X. Is there a simple
way to configure it or change the code do preserve the MIME type for
text/* content types through the defanging phase?

Or do I just need to configure it to "accept" HTML parts? If I do that,
the current documentation seems to indicate that the HTML will just pass
thru. leaving the untrustworthy html tags and web bugs in place-- is this
correct?

                        -=- D. J.

Attachments:
 + http://mailtools.anomy.net/archives/anomy-list//d1/03/eb03506/01.sanitizer.20030430