anomy-list

Re: Buggy feat_force_name?

From: David Santinoli (74351@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 17 Apr 2003 - 16:54:41 GMT

    On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 08:53:59PM +0100, 74435@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > > when Anomy processes "dual mode" (plain text + html) mail
    > > generated by Outlook, the name "unnamed.html" is assigned to the
    > > text/html MIME part, which makes it look like an attachment to
    > > recipients using Outlook. Is it possible to avoid this?
    >
    > I believe that by default Outlook displays html parts with no
    > content-disposition field as "inline". Check this header field in your
    > emails as if you are having a problem, this is probably where it lies.
    >
    > Maybe Anomy is making content disposition "attachment" where not
    > specified.

    No. A comparison of the two messages I included in my previous mail
    clearly shows that the only relevant difference is the presence of the
    "name" attribute in the Anomy-zed MIME header for the HTML part.

    ** original headers **

      ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C30284.6EABD740

    ** processed headers **

      --MIMEStream=_0+222546_585167776433_452355246629

    > Equally (or more likely), Outlook is buggy in this respect.

    Blaming Outlook never hurts ;-). However, putting aside Outlook for a
    moment, Anomy (or its documentation) is buggy for sure, since the manual
    states that setting feat_force_name = 1 will "Force all parts (except
    text/html parts) to have file names" and this is simply not true.
    So I think Anomy should be fixed (alas, I don't know Perl well enough)
    or the docs amended.

    And again, does leaving some MIME parts unnamed pose any security
    threat?

    Thanks,
     David

    --