anomy-list

Re: Droping Attachments

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (72355@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 17 Mar 2003 - 11:19:25 GMT

    On 2003-03-16, 23:23:14 (+0200), Thomas Wheeler wrote:
    > Hi All
    >
    > My minions have just realised that I drop all .mp3 attachments and they
    > realised they can zip them up and send them ( luckily they not bright
    > enough to realise they can rename the file extension yet ). Is there a way
    > I can look with in a zip file find the mp3 delete the mp3 and still send
    > the zip file even if empty?. Or is there another program that can help me
    > with this.

    You could create a shell script which does an "unzip -l" and greps
    for ".mp3", returning 1 if found, zero if not. Plugging this into
    the Sanitizer using the "virus scanner" interface is then a
    relatively straightforward procedure.

    But I think it's nasty to block mp3 files. There are plenty of
    legitimate mp3s out there from struggling artists who *want* to
    reach a larger audience...

    But that discussion is definately off topic for this list. :-) So
    good luck!

     72355@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send lots of mail to: 72479@xyz.molar.is

    Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Juggler