anomy-list

Re: can anomy do this?

From: Derrick Webber (72226@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 15 Mar 2003 - 15:34:42 GMT

    You would only need Anomy if what you want to filter is in an attachment,
    such as a Base64 encoded HTML file.

    If the text is in the actual message body, a Postfix filter script can do
    it without Anomy. Take a look at the file FILTER_README in the readme
    directory of the Postfix distribution (mirror at
    http://advosys.ca/papers/FILTER_README )

    This would be more on topic for the Postfix Users mailing list, but a
    simple filter shell script the could do what you want might be:

    #!/bin/sh
    # Exit codes from <sysexits.h>
    EX_TEMPFAIL=75
    EX_UNAVAILABLE=69

    SEARCHFOR='Please log on to http:\/\/www\.somesite\.com\/logon\.asp to
    approve the order'
    REPLACEWITH='Hey, visit http:\/\/someothersite\.com\/login\.asp to continue'

    cat | sed "s/$SEARCHFOR/$REPLACEWITH/g" | $SENDMAIL "$@" ||
        { echo Message content rejected; exit $EX_UNAVAILABLE; }

    exit 0

    We have a long-winded paper describing how to install a filter into Postfix
    ( http://advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html ... it shows a script
    that filters mail through Anomy and SpamAssassin, but it could be replaced
    or extended with the above.

    For more help, it might be best to search the postfix.users mailing list
    archives at (http://groups.google.ca/groups?group=mailing.postfix.users)

    --
      Derrick Webber
      Advosys Consulting Inc. Ottawa