anomy-list

Re: anomy

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (71930@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 13 Mar 2003 - 11:04:45 GMT

    CC'ed to the mailing list, so others can use the answer as well.

    On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:11:47AM -0500, Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
    > Is there a way with anomy to allow users to have overriding preferences
    > (including a global "don't touch my mail at all" variable?) via files in
    > their homedirs (like the jhardin script?)

    Not built into the sanitizer - the sanitizer is a generic tool to
    filter e-mail. In order to do what you ask, the sanitizer would
    need to assume it is delivering mail to local users and assume that
    the users have home directories, neither of which is the case in
    many sanitizer installations.

    Things like this should be implemented by the code which invokes
    the sanitizer. For example, if you invoke the sanitizer from
    /etc/procmailrc, your procmail rules can check for files in users'
    home directories and invoke different sanitizer configurations or
    skip sanitiziation altogether.

    A procmail example:

      :0 fw
      * ! ? test -f /home/$LOGNAME/.nosanitizer
      |/path/to/sanitizer.pl /path/to/config

    This only filters mail through the sanitizer if the user hasn't got
    a file named ".nosanitizer" in his or her home directory.

    (Note: this rule is untested, it may have typos or thinkos - use
    carefully)

     71930@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send lots of mail to: 72013@xyz.molar.is

    Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Juggler