anomy-list

PDF corruption

From: Matt (70704@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 24 Feb 2003 - 19:17:39 GMT

    Hello all,

    We've found that Anomy is sanitizing PDFs on their way through the mail
    server (running Postfix v2.0.3) along with SpamAssassin. Some PDFs are
    completely corrupted and cannot be opened, and others are able to be
    "rebuilt" by Acrobat Reader. The anomy.conf we used when testing follows;
    as you can see, we disabled everything:

    Has anyone else seen this?

    Thanks,

    -Matt

    anomy.conf
    # Do not log to STDERR:
    feat_log_stderr = 1

    # Don't insert log in the message itself:
    feat_log_inline = 0

    # Advertisement to insert in each mail header:
    header_info = X-Sanitizer: Anomy
    header_url = 0
    header_rev = 0

    # Enable filename based policy decisions:
    feat_files = 0

    # Protect against buffer overflows and null values:
    feat_lengths = 0

    # Replace MIME boundaries with our own:
    feat_boundaries = 0

    # Fix invalid and ambiguous MIME boundaries, if possible:
    feat_fixmime = 0

    # Trust signed and/or encrypted messages:
    feat_trust_pgp = 0
    #msg_pgp_warning = WARNING: Unsanitized content follows.\n

    # Defang shell scripts:
    feat_scripts = 0

    # Defang active HTML:
    feat_html = 0

    # Defang UUEncoded files:
    feat_uuencoded = 0

    # Sanitize forwarded content too:
    feat_forwards = 0

    # Testing? Set to 1 for testing, 0 for production:
    feat_testing = 0

    # # Warn user about unscanned parts, etc.
    feat_verbose = 0

    # Force all parts (except text/html parts) to
    # have file names.
    feat_force_name = 0

    # Disable web bugs:
    feat_webbugs = 0

    # Don't be excessively paranoid about MIME headers etc.
    feat_paranoid = 0

    # Disable "score" based mail discarding:
    score_panic = 0
    score_bad = 0

    # Specify the Anomy temp file and quarantine directory
    file_name_tpl = /var/spool/filter/att-$F-$T.$$

    file_default_policy = accept

    hosted by molar.is