anomy-list

Problem running Anomy on RedHat version8 with latest Perl modules from CPAN

From: Tom Webb (70448@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 22 Feb 2003 - 21:53:28 GMT

    Hi Everyone

    I have run into a problem running Anomy on our new RedHat 8 gateway.

    When I run the tests all pass except for the following:

    sanitizer.defaults
    sanitizer.filenames

    Looking at resulting logs for both tests above, they come up with the same
    error/results:

    Malformed UTF-8 character (unexpected continuation byte 0xa1, with no
    preceding start byte) in regexp compilation at ../bin/Anomy/Sanitizer.pm
    line 1482.

    I have noted in searching the web that lastest Perl 5.8.0 and greater has
    broken some functionally in Perl based programs but am at a lost to fix this
    problem. I would dearly love to get this going properly. Can anyone suggest
    a fix?

    Kind Regards

    Tom Webb

    Attachments: