anomy-list

Re: Anomy won't defang HTML

From: Robert de Bath (robert$@mayday.cix.co.uk)
Date: Wed 19 Feb 2003 - 02:55:27 GMT

    On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 70271@xyz.molar.is wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm having trouble getting Anomy to defang HTML. What I'm after is
    > conversion of HTML to plain text, but when I send an HTML message through,
    > the HTML is untouched. I know that Anomy is functioning, because attachments
    > are successfully renamed.

    > Aside from this, Anomy seems to be functioning wonderfully.
    >
    > I'm really pulling my hair out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    At a glance the config doesn't look wrong. I think the problem is that
    anomy is smarter than you believe, it actually understands HTML and
    removes or renames TAGs within the html that are problems. If the HTML
    is 'nice' it should look the same after it's been through anomy as it
    did before.

    If you want to be sure it's working you need to have it filter a message
    containing javascript (it should get removed) or look at the raw message
    text.

    If you really do want the html converted to text you might have a look
    at the simplify.pl script thats in the same directory as the sanitiser.pl
    script.

    --
    Rob.                          (Robert de Bath <robert$ @ debath.co.uk>)
                                           <http://www.cix.co.uk/~mayday>