anomy-list

Re: The dreaded <FIXED_DIV> tag ????

From: Benjamin Wall (69431@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 23 Jan 2003 - 18:09:41 GMT

    Is anomy written in perl?? If so I could write a patch for this.

    In actuality this should be fairly easy Just replace all <DIV...>
    tags with "" nothing. And then replace all </DIV...> tags with <BR>

    Everything is simple in theory though.

    Let me know if you want me to take a crack at it and I will dl the
    anomy source.

    Ben Wall

    On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 11:51, Bjarni R. Einarsson wrote:
    > I'll think about it guys. :)
    >
    > The current HTML cleaner, by design, can only defang things and has
    > no built in support for replacing tag A with tag B, so this isn't
    > quite a trivial modification. Doing it elegantly would require some
    > thought.
    >
    > Patches are of course welcome, but I reserve the right to be picky
    > and not integrate any "hacks" into the main Anomy tree. :-)
    >

    > On 2003-01-23, 16:46:18 (-0000), 69503@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > > Agreed, change both <FIXED_DIV> and </FIXED_DIV> to <BR>, better yet.
    > >
    > > But up to Bjarni if he feels like doing it... OT.

    > > Sent by: Benjamin Wall <69431@xyz.molar.is>
    > >
    > > Or better yet, can we replace it with <BR> That seems like the best
    > > substitute for it. With the <P> </P> tags you get extra space between
    > > the lines. I agree that M$ seems to be using the <FIXED_DIV> when other
    > > much more simple HTML would suffice.
    >
    > --
    > Bjarni R. Einarsson PGP: 02764305, B7A3AB89
    > 69470@xyz.molar.is -><- http://bre.klaki.net/
    >
    > Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/
    > Spammers, please send lots of mail to: 69589@xyz.molar.is
    >
    > Was I helpful? Let others know: