anomy-list

Re: The dreaded <FIXED_DIV> tag ????

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (69089@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 23 Jan 2003 - 16:51:40 GMT

    I'll think about it guys. :)

    The current HTML cleaner, by design, can only defang things and has
    no built in support for replacing tag A with tag B, so this isn't
    quite a trivial modification. Doing it elegantly would require some
    thought.

    Patches are of course welcome, but I reserve the right to be picky
    and not integrate any "hacks" into the main Anomy tree. :-)

    On 2003-01-23, 16:46:18 (-0000), 69122@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > Agreed, change both <DIV> and </DIV> to <BR>, better yet.
    >
    > But up to Bjarni if he feels like doing it... OT.

    > Sent by: Benjamin Wall <69158@xyz.molar.is>
    >
    > Or better yet, can we replace it with <BR> That seems like the best
    > substitute for it. With the <P> </P> tags you get extra space between
    > the lines. I agree that M$ seems to be using the <FIXED_DIV> when other
    > much more simple HTML would suffice.

     69089@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send lots of mail to: 69197@xyz.molar.is

    Was I helpful? Let others know: http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=Juggler