anomy-list

Anomy testcases on FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE

From: Harold Paulson (67167@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 14 Jan 2003 - 01:03:14 GMT

    Hello,

    I recently upgraded my mail server to FreeBSD 4.7-STABLE. My
    (embarrassingly old) Anomy install works fine and still passes all
    the test cases, but I thought I'd take the opportunity to upgrade
    Anomy to the current version as well.

    I had problems with the testcases, so taking a queue from an old
    mailing list post, I dug around the source and fixed all of the
    hard-coded paths that weren't right for my system. ie, BSDs keep the
    'false' binary in /usr/bin/false, and since 'bash' is not installed
    as part of the base system, it lives in /usr/local/bin when
    installed. Be cool if these paths lived in config vars near the top
    of the script, but I got them straightened out in any case.

    Now when I run testcases.sh for Anomy 1.57 I get the following errors:

         sanitizer.base64: failed (moved result files to results.def)
         let: arith: syntax error: "FAILED=0+1"

         sanitizer.defaults: failed (moved result files to results.def)
         let: arith: syntax error: "FAILED=0+1"

         sanitizer.filenames: failed (moved result files to results.def)
         let: arith: syntax error: "FAILED=0+1"

    In the results diff files I see a lot of stuff like this:

            Unknown exit code: 512

    I assume something is returning a code that Anomy isn't used to, but
    what can I do to track down WHAT is returning that unknown exit code?

    Thanks.

            - H

    --

    Harold Paulson Sierra Web Design 67167@xyz.molar.is http://www.sierraweb.com VOICE: 775.833.9500 FAX: 775-201-4458