anomy-list

Re: Anomy MIME parser & inserter

From: Bjarni R. Einarsson (66278@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 10 Dec 2002 - 11:52:55 GMT

    On 2002-12-10, 10:48:07 (-0000), 66311@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    > Hi, I am looking at how to parse MIME messages and accordingly either insert
    > new MIME elements or add text / html to MIME parts, usijng a procmail
    > backbone.
    >
    > I am finding that this is a complex task - but one that has already been
    > solved by the Anomy Sanitizer which routinely does exactly what i am seeking
    > to do with great difficulty.
    >
    > Doess anybody know if there any way to use the these Anomy features
    > separately, outside of the main Anomy function, or do I have to re-invent
    > this wheel? Are there perhaps Anomy modules that can be divided out?

    The Anomy::MIMEStream module does what you want, although it's
    interface isn't properly documented anywhere.

    If you take a look at the simplify.pl script distributed with the
    sanitizer, then you can get a feel for how the MIMEStream module works
    when used as a parser. The simplify script is much simpler than the
    Sanitizer, should be easier to read.

    Once you've got a feel for that, you could try and decifer the
    Sanitizer itself. :-)

     66278@xyz.molar.is                -><-              http://bre.klaki.net/

    Check out my open-source email sanitizer: http://mailtools.anomy.net/ Spammers, please send plenty of email to: 66403@xyz.molar.is

    hosted by molar.is