anomy-list

Re: Word Wrapping

From: Ryan van Rensburg (63999@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 14 Nov 2002 - 10:50:59 GMT

    Hi

    64087@xyz.molar.is wrote:

    > Are carriage returns being stripped from HTML mails only?

    seems that way

    > if so it may be because of tags being defanged. I raised this a week
    > or so ago suggestintg should maybe be replaced with, but this
    > raised no interest at the time.

    I think you are right, I did a test sending the same mail in text and
    html format to myself. The text email came out perfect with all the
    correct line breaks or cariage returns (not sure which), but the html
    mail spanned over 2 or 3 lines. After viewing the source I found plenty
    of tags. I never had this problem in the past so I assume it has
    something to do with the latest version(s). > As for the mail times, I
    assume you mean the Date: header? Yes its the date header that is being
    mysteriously modified. I tried the previous version and the date is fine
    on my emails now, but I still have a problem with the carriage returns
    being stripped from HTML mail. Thanks -- Ryan van Rensburg IT Support
    Manager Intoweb Design http://www.intoweb.co.za Tel: +27 12 348 5320
    Fax: +27 12 361 5576

    --
    Ryan van Rensburg