anomy-list

sanitizer problem

From: Richard Kimber (63605@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Sat 09 Nov 2002 - 17:10:52 GMT

    When I started work in the morning, I found that sanitizer had developed
    some sort of problem. Top showed that it was using about 80% of memory,
    there was much disk activity including swapping, and ps showed the process
    to have been active for some time. It seemed to be in some sort of loop.

    29605 psrwebs 18 0 295M 201M 99.3M R 14.5 80.4 1:30 sanitizer.pl

    29605 ? D 1:31 /usr/bin/perl
    /usr/local/src/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl /etc/sanitizer.cfg

    Despite the process being "D" I was able to kill it.

    Any suggestions about what the problem might have been? It has been OK
    since.

    - Richard.

    hosted by molar.is