anomy-list

NEWBIE Q: Mail Dies When Going Through Anomy

From: Tom Webb (61453@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 05 Nov 2002 - 00:11:32 GMT

    Hi everyone

    I'm new to this list. Am having some troubles with setting up Anomy (version
    1.54) to work properly on our gateway. My setup is as follows:

    Email client sends message(usually Outlook Clients) >> Exchange Server 5.5
    >> Postfix Server (sitting on Linux Gateway).

    Without filtering enabled clients on corporate LAN can send and receive
    mails via this setup. Followed instructions as per
    http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html
    <http://www.advosys.ca/papers/postfix-filtering.html> However upon enabling
    Postfix filter (postfix reload) keep getting the following errors:

    --- Taken from Mail log ---
    Nov 5 11:26:18 snapserver postfix/postfix-script: refreshing the Postfix
    mail system
    Nov 5 11:26:18 snapserver postfix/master[2001] : reload configuration
    Nov 5 11:26:44 snapserver postfix/smtpd[20967] : connect from
    inletmail[192.168.1.3]
    Nov 5 11:26:44 snapserver postfix/smtpd[20967] : 769C68563:
    client=inletmail[192.168.1.3]
    Nov 5 11:26:44 snapserver postfix/cleanup[20968] : 769C68563:
    from=<61453@xyz.molar.is., size=1963, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Nov 5 11:26:44 snapserver postfix/smtpd[20967] : disconnect from
    inletmail[192.168.1.3]
    Nov 5 11:26:44 snapserver pipe[20971]: fatal: pipe_comand: execvp
    /usr/local/anomy/filter.sh: No such file or directory
    Nov 5 11:26:45 snapserver postfix/pipe[20970]: 769C68563:
    61539@xyz.molar.is <mailto:61591@xyz.molar.is> ,
    relay=filter, delay=1, status=bounced (Command died with status 1:
    "usr/local/anomy/filter.sh")

    In the client inbox I get a message from Postfix stating:

    This is the Postfix program at host snapserver.inlet.co.nz.

    below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

    delete your own text from the message returned below.

                            The Postfix program

    <61591@xyz.molar.is>: Command died with status 1:
        "/usr/local/anomy/filter.sh"

    Can any point out what is going wrong here. I have compared it to a friend's
    setup that is working and everything seems in order, but still get these
    errors when I reload Postfix with filtering on.

    Can post anything that maybe of help to you. Please let me know, I really
    would love to get this going properly.

    Kind Regards

    Tom Webb
    Inlet Technologies Limited
    Network and Systems Integration Services

    Phone 0064 9 525-8110
    Fax 0064 9 525-8112
    Mobile 021 818 798
    E-Mail 61640@xyz.molar.is
    Web Site: www.inlet.co.nz

    CAUTION - This message and attachments are confidential to Inlet
    Technologies Limited and the intended recipient(s). This message may contain
    privileged and confidential information > intended only for the use of the
    addressee(s) named above. If you are not > the intended recipient of this
    message you are hereby notified that any > use, dissemination, distribution
    or reproduction of this message is > prohibited. If you have received this
    message in error please notify Inlet Technology Corporation Limited> Inlet
    Te immediately via email at 61676@xyz.molar.is. > Any views expressed in
    this message are those of the individual sender and > may not necessarily
    reflect the views of Inlet Technology Corporation Limited.

    This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for the
    presence of known computer viruses by Inlet Technologies' Internal
    Anti-virus Protection measures. However, it is still recommended that you
    use local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses as
    new viruses are been written daily.

    hosted by molar.is