anomy-list

unable to unpack 1.55 tar.gz

From: Oliver (58322@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 22 Oct 2002 - 12:04:58 GMT

    Hi, I just tried to unpack the 1.55 tar.gz as downloaded:
    http://mailtools.anomy.net/dist/anomy-sanitizer-1.55.tar.gz

    Because it only seems to be available as http:// I downloaded to my local
    computer, then ftp'ed (as binary) to the server. But it would not unpack...
    see dialog below.

    have I done something wrong, or is there a problem with the package? BTW
    have previously installed 1.54 without difficulty (though it is not present
    on the server after a clean wipe).

    Thanks for any hints, Oliver Tickell.

    [root@www anomy]# tar xvzf anomy-sanitizer-1.55.tar.gz
    anomy/CHANGELOG.sanitizer
    tar: Skipping to next header
    tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

    gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error

    gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--length error
    tar: Child returned status 1
    [root@www anomy]#

    hosted by molar.is