anomy-list

Re: Bypassing SMTP Content Protection with Multi-Part Messages

From: Brian Schonecker (51468@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 12 Sep 2002 - 20:59:20 UTC

    Oh yeah, yet another MS security problem.

    I just sent and email to myself with an executable, split it up into 7 parts
    and sure enough, it made it past Anomy.

    I'm not so sure where to put the finger on this one. Since it's seven
    separate emails, there's no way for Anomy to determine that it's supposed to
    one, big email. So Anomy surely isn't to blame.

    Guess who's left?