anomy-list

Re: uvscan with anmomy

From: Ron 'The InSaNe OnE' Rosson (50109@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 25 Jul 2002 - 16:50:37 UTC

    Using the bash script below and sending test e-mails here is
    what I have:

    procmail log output:

    procmail: [20487] Thu Jul 25 09:47:09 2002
    procmail: Assigning "PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/usr/local/bin"
    procmail: Assigning "SHELL=/bin/sh"
    procmail: Assigning "ANOMY=/usr/local/anomy/"
    procmail: Executing "/usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl,/usr/local/etc/anomy.conf"

    Current procmailrc:
    LOGFILE=/var/log/anomy.log
    LOGABSTRACT=all
    VERBOSE=yes

    PATH="/usr/bin:$PATH:/usr/local/bin"
    SHELL=/bin/sh

    # Call Anomy
    ANOMY=/usr/local/anomy/
    :0fw
    | /usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl /usr/local/etc/anomy.conf

    Virus scanner is still not kicking off so to speak.

    Any Ideas?

    TIA

    On Wednesday, July 24, 2002 at 21:34:40, alex morris wrote:
    > The only way to know what is going on is to somehow trap the exit codes
    > from the scanner, and compare them to what you told the sanitizer to do.
    >
    > I would temporarily eliminate the spam assasin to simplify the problem.
    > I would then make a wrapper script around the virus scan command you
    > call within the sanitizer to trap the error codes. Something like
    >
    > /usr/local/bin/uvscan.sh
    >
    > #!/bin/bash -xv
    > bc=$?
    > /usr/local/bin/uvscan -c $1
    > ac=$?
    > echo "before was $bc, after was $ac"
    >
    > You should now be able to see the exit codes the scanner returns for the
    > various conditions.
    >
    > I would also suggest making your policy
    >
    > file_list_4_policy = accept:save:save:save
    >
    > Deleting attachments out of hand isn't the right thing to do, but
    > niether is accepting something that is still potentially harmful.
    >
    > If that doesn't work, you might try changing your command line to use
    > the --clean flag instead of just -c, like Geoff suggested.
    >
    > alex
    >

    > 50109@xyz.molar.is wrote:
    >
    > > On Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 13:20:17, Geoff Seeley wrote:

    Ron Rosson                                    ... and a UNIX user said ...
    The InSaNe One                                        rm -rf *
    50109@xyz.molar.is                        and all was /dev/null and *void()