Re: uvscan with anmomy

From: alex morris (
Date: Thu 25 Jul 2002 - 04:34:40 UTC

    The only way to know what is going on is to somehow trap the exit codes
    from the scanner, and compare them to what you told the sanitizer to do.

    I would temporarily eliminate the spam assasin to simplify the problem.
    I would then make a wrapper script around the virus scan command you
    call within the sanitizer to trap the error codes. Something like

    #!/bin/bash -xv
    /usr/local/bin/uvscan -c $1
    echo "before was $bc, after was $ac"

    You should now be able to see the exit codes the scanner returns for the
    various conditions.

    I would also suggest making your policy

    file_list_4_policy = accept:save:save:save

    Deleting attachments out of hand isn't the right thing to do, but
    niether is accepting something that is still potentially harmful.

    If that doesn't work, you might try changing your command line to use
    the --clean flag instead of just -c, like Geoff suggested.

    alex wrote:

    > On Wednesday, July 17, 2002 at 13:20:17, Geoff Seeley wrote:

    hosted by