anomy-list

Re: fork problem under load

From: Oliver (49007@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Fri 28 Jun 2002 - 18:55:22 UTC

    without knowing about the specifics of your problem I can inform you it is
    time you changed to a better mail server program. Try Postfix or Exim, both
    far more secure & reliable & efficient than sendmail.

    Upgrade to Postfix is normally fairly painless for sendmail users (I have
    done it without too many probs). Also there is a useful book (Postfix,
    Richard Blum, Sams). Anomy best invoked via procmail.

    Oliver Tickell.