anomy-list

leave HTML alone

From: Chris Lott (48541@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Thu 20 Jun 2002 - 18:49:00 UTC

    I am using Anomy with Postfix-- and most of my clients are using Outlook or
    Outlook Express. I am receiving a lot of complaints that the defanged HTML
    is displaying as plain text in their clients. Is there any way to defang
    HTML but still leave it viewable AS html in the client? Below is my current
    configuration (basically the example config):

    Or can I have it not touch HTML messages at all? I tried setting feat_html
    to 0, but it still caused the same problems...

    # Do not log to STDERR:
    feat_log_stderr = 0

    # Don't insert log in the message itself:
    feat_log_inline = 0

    # Advertisement to insert in each mail header:
    header_info = X-Sanitizer: Advosys mail filter
    header_url = 0
    header_rev = 0

    # Enable filename based policy decisions:
    feat_files = 1

    # Protect against buffer overflows and null values:
    feat_lengths = 1

    # Replace MIME boundaries with our own:
    feat_boundaries = 1

    # Fix invalid and ambiguous MIME boundaries, if possible:
    feat_fixmime = 1

    # Trust signed and/or encrypted messages:
    feat_trust_pgp = 1
    msg_pgp_warning = WARNING: The following text was not screened for viral
    content.\n

    # Defang shell scripts:
    feat_scripts = 0

    # Defang active HTML:
    feat_html = 1

    # Defang UUEncoded files:
    feat_uuencoded = 0

    # Sanitize forwarded content too:
    feat_forwards = 1

    # Testing? Set to 1 for testing, 0 for production:
    feat_testing = 0

    # # Warn user about unscanned parts, etc.
    feat_verbose = 1

    # Force all parts (except text/html parts) to
    # have file names.
    feat_force_name = 1

    # Disable web bugs:
    feat_webbugs = 1

    # Disable "score" based mail discarding:
    score_panic = 0
    score_bad = 0

    msg_file_drop = \n*****\n
    msg_file_drop += NOTE: An attachment named %FILENAME was deleted from
    msg_file_drop += this message because was a windows executable.
    msg_file_drop += Contact the system administrator for more information.

    ##
    ## File attachment name mangling rules:
    ##

    file_name_tpl = /var/quarantine/att-$F-$T.$$

    # Number of rulesets we are defining:
    file_list_rules = 2
    file_default_policy = defang

    # Delete probably nasty attachments:
    file_list_1 = (?i)(winmail.dat)|
    file_list_1 +=
    (\.(vb[se]|exe|com|cab|dll|ocx|msi|cmd|bat|pif|lnk|hlp|ms[ip]|reg|asd))$
    file_list_1_policy = drop
    file_list_1_scanner = 0

    # Allow known "safe" file types and those that can be
    # scanned by the downstream virus scanner:
    file_list_2 =
    (?i)\.(doc|dot|rtf|xls|ppt|xlw|jpg|gif|png|tiff?|txt|zip|tgz|gz|mp3)
    file_list_2_policy = accept
    file_list_2_scanner = 0

    # Any attachment not listed above gets renamed.

    hosted by molar.is