anomy-list

Re: testing anomy

From: Robert de Bath (robert$@mayday.cix.co.uk)
Date: Tue 11 Jun 2002 - 06:29:48 UTC

    On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Micah Anderson wrote:

    > I have recently installed anomy and I want to make sure it is
    > filtering things properly. I took a couple of the test case emails and
    > tried to send them to myself to see if anomy would catch them, but I
    > don't think I was doing it properly because they went right through...
    >
    > Does anyone have a good way of testing anomy that I can try?

    Well ... next time I receive a copy of Klez I could forward it to you :)

    FX: Checks quarantine.

    In fact I seem to have several trapped right now ...

    Seriously though the best way is to send an email you think should be
    trapped _from_ _the_ _outside_; or get a friend to. If you're using a
    virus scanner and need to check that too just use the 'EICAR' test file:

    X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

    You put that line into an attached .com file (as is!). It should be
    treated as a virus by all scanners but if actually run only it prints
    "EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!" and exits.

    --
    Rob.                          (Robert de Bath <robert$ @ debath.co.uk>)
                                           <http://www.cix.co.uk/~mayday>

    hosted by molar.is