anomy-list

RE: Insecure dependency

From: Kevin Ring (44084@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 07 May 2002 - 19:31:25 UTC

    There was something about this from the procmail list. From
    http://www.rosat.mpe-garching.mpg.de/cgi-bin/w3glimpse2html/procmail/2001-06
    /msg00025.html?43#mfs I learned that adding -U to the #!/usr/bin/perl at the
    top of sanitizer.pl will fix the problem.

    Based on the perlrun manpage
          -U allows Perl to do unsafe operations. Currently the only "unsafe"
    opera­
                tions are the unlinking of directories while running as
    superuser, and
                running setuid programs with fatal taint checks turned into
    warnings.
                Note that the -w switch (or the "$^W" variable) must be used
    along with
                this option to actually generate the taint-check warnings.

    The error messages have gone away. It appears that the problem is fixed,
    although it doesn't seem like the best option...

    Thanks for the help

    Kevin