anomy-list

SV: Insecure dependency

From: Eagle (43961@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Tue 07 May 2002 - 19:28:07 UTC

    Hi

    The line "Insecure dependency in require while running setuid at
    >/usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl line 45" suggests that you have a
    problem with file- and/or directory-access.
    The mailer tries to switch user (UID) when running the application and
    this user does not have the proper access to the files/directory.

    Without being any expert on Perl I assume that Sanitizer.pl line 45 is
    trying to load the package Anomy::Sanitizer from the file
    bin/Anomy/Sanitizer.pm (if you have the original v1.49 sanitizer.pl).

    Check what user you are using to run the scripts and match that with
    owner, group and accessrights on the file(s)/directory.

    Rgs

    /Hans

    >Hello,

    >I've been running anomy for about a month and have been having a
    problem
    >with vacation since that time. I get this error in the log:

    >Insecure dependency in require while running setuid at
    >/usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl line 45.
    >BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl
    line
    >45.
    >procmail: Program failure (2) of "/usr/local/anomy/bin/sanitizer.pl"

    >and then when it recovers, it leaves the leading F off the From in the
    >envelope information.
    >e.g.
    >rom 43995@xyz.molar.is Tue May 7 13:43:21 2002

    >Any tips on fixing this error? anomy works perfect unless the message
    is
    >sent from vacation or even through a .procmailrc recipe.
    >
    >Thanks,

    >Kevin

    hosted by molar.is