anomy-list

Mime boundary fix or feature request

From: Noel Clarkson (37360@xyz.molar.is)
Date: Mon 25 Feb 2002 - 03:29:24 UTC

    Hi there,

    not sure if this is a bug that needs fixing or a feature request, but
    either way if it can be solved it will make my life easier!

    I've been having a problem for a while with Outlook locking up when trying
    to retreive messages from a pop box when certain conditions occurred. What
    I'm getting is a message with a Mime boundary that comes straight after the
    body of the part before. ie. in the following the ------=_NextPart comes
    after the paragraph before with no blank line between them.

    Of January so perhaps that would be a good time to hold it. If not then
    per=
    haps at the end of November. Kath will be here from 20th =9628th November.
    =
    While some of the NSW people will not be able to come I wouldn=92t mind if
    =
    they were invited any way so they have an option. =0D=0DIf you need any
    sta=
    mps then I=92ve got a heap.
    ------=_NextPart_000_008B_012342C4.0342C430

    So, after a lot of looking to see what the problem is I find that there
    should be 2 CRLF proceeding a Mime boundary and in this case there is only
    one (according to RFC1341 -
    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc1341/7_2_Multipart.html). Mozilla mail
    seems to deal with only having one CRLF fine, but Outlook just locks up and
    can't get past it (which unfortunately is what we use).

    Because this only happens now and then, I haven't managed to "catch" a copy
    of the mail comming in that hasn't gone through anomy (I don't have the
    room to backup all the mailboxes and it's hard to guess which one it will
    happen to), so I don't know if anomy is responsible (which I semi doubt
    otherwise there'd be many others with the problem) but I'm really wondering
    if it would be hard to get anomy to look for this and correct it?

    I'll try to get some mailbox backups and see if I can catch the problem
    email before it is sanitised to make sure it isn't an anomy problem and let
    you know what I find.

    cheers,

    noel

    hosted by molar.is